Goodness, it's a week into June!! Well, you seasoned Style Stitchers know what to do, but, I'll go over it because I want to do it each month! Can you believe that we are on out sixth bag for the year? Every bag has been put to good use.
We will be making the TEARDROP BAG from Chapter 6.
Fabrics for TEARDROP BAG---
Yardage requirements are the same for both size bags, please refer to the finished sizes to decide what is best for you, I am making the large bag.
You will need one print for exterior main panels: 3/8 yard
5/8 yd of a coordinating solid/print for the exterior bands, handles, and handle extensions
1/2 yd of a second print for lining
Here are my fabrics:
We will need 1 1/2 yards of 20" wide FUSIBLE woven interfacing. The testers in the book used Shape Flex by Pellon SF-101, just make sure that it is fusible and intended for light to mid-weight fabrics. I am in love with SF 101, that stuff is an interfacer's dream!
1 magnetic snap 1/2" in size.
**There is some errata on page 84, please refer to this link to see if you need to make a change before you begin sewing your bag! I have made notes in my book
You can purchase interfacing at your local shop that sells fabric.
Are you new to using interfacing? Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk has a helpful guide to fusible interfacing that you may enjoy.
Style Stitchers, this is what we need to do for June:
- Select/order fabric and notions
- Show us the fabric that you are using on the Flickr group page, if you desire
- Cut out pattern pieces for TEARDROP BAG
- Make bag following instructions from book
- Ask questions if you have any (you may use the discussion board on our Flickr group)
- Look for a sew-a-long??
- Take pictures of your TEARDROP BAG and upload them to the FLICKR GROUP. Alternatively, you may e-mail them to me and I will upload them to Flickr.
- Meet back here on 1 JULY 2011 for details for the next bag and to see a few of the photo-submitted bags and find out who won gift certificates to this month's sponsors:
- Above All Fabric ($25),
- Fat Quarter Shop ($50),
IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM OUR SPONSORS, PLEASE READ!
--TEARDROP BAG pictures must be submitted by 30 JUNE 2011 to be eligible for the gift certificate drawings. The winners will be randomly selected.
--Once the winners are announced, the first person to respond gets to select the gift certificate that they want. I will give further instructions on the 1 JULY 2011 post.
Questions? Comments? Did I forget to mention anything?
**New to the challenge? You can read all of the details on this post & then get sewing!**
Here's a button with the code below: